It gets easy when I'm with you, when I can see you trying and hear you opening up. When I can look at you while speaking and know you care. But sometimes it gets so difficult when you're away and you made that conscious choice - I know I may be taking it too personally (I probably am, it will hit me in about 12 hours) but I do hate that vulnerability that presents itself to me so blatantly when it happens. Shying away from attachment and never entrusting are just some of the habits that I have lived by and they have served me well. Not in the best way and definitely not in all ways, but I mostly got out of things before they crashed and burned. This time around, I decided to take a risk and there is no doubt that I will go down with this ship if it sinks.
Well.
Here goes nothing.