I had so many words in my mind. So many feelings. The mix of fear, sadness, longing and yet contentment at the same time. It ain't fair how you can go on living your life, while I remain here, forgotten. Neglected. I don't know. Things've changed. I don't know if you are still the same person as before. But I do know that I don't have enough time spent with you to find out.
Then again, it's probably one of my over-sensitivity and dependency issues whenever it comes to you.
Whatever it is, it has and always been the same. No matter what happens between us, even if it was nothing, I never changed. I kept my ground. Without why, because I just do. Afterall, it all boils down to this one line. Again.
You don't know this, but I'm in love with you.
Her question wasn't one that I was expecting or prepared to answer. I lost my hold on the role I was playing. I felt the mask slip from my face, and I told her - this one time - the truth.
"I don't know."
I memorized her face one last time - it was still set in lines of anger, the blood not yet faded from her cheeks - and then I turned and walked away from her.