First concert of 2014.
What a phenomenal performance it was. I'd been looking forward to this day for months, ever since news that he'd be here for a concert. I still remember texting Christina about it and saying, F-I-N-A-L-L-Y, he's coming to Singapore. Priority ticket sales opened only for AMEX card members. I was in the US during that time and unfortunately, we didn't manage to purchase them before they were open to the public but on hindsight, we changed our mind and bought the standing tickets so it wouldn't matter if we had a good seat or not. It was a short 1+1/2 hour concert, but every minute was packed with magic, energy, and soul. Never mind that he did not have any ment sessions or back-up dancers to fill the stage, the fact that he went without such gimmicks like filler VCRs on the display in between songs or light shows - stuff like that, him and the band managed to pull everything off perfectly and really blew the crowd away. I believe many of the seated audience stood throughout the most of the show, and that's really something not anyone can pull off for our stuffy Singaporeans. Every song, medley, dance, instrument, was put together so seemingly effortlessly yet so astounding. The lights were crazy! It was a simple set with the band and himself, yet his voice filled up the stage so beautifully and powerfully. In all honesty, I was expecting him to have a more elaborate stage set-up, but now that I've seen him in action, I really don't think it's necessary anymore. With Bruno Mars, it's always been only about the music. Be it the catchy tune in Treasure and The Lazy Song, or the cheeky lyrics in Our First Time, the heartbreaking stories of When I Was Your Man and Grenade, the mysterious aura of Moonshine and Gorilla, every song has its ability to make you wanna sing along, cry to, or move to. I really enjoyed every minute of the concert, even though some of the people around Christina and I weren't the best concertgoers. It's amazing how much talent and ability he has in that small body. He is the real deal! Can't wait for him to come back. Can't wait can't wait!