Fresh Start

August is when mindfill.org expires every year, and this time around it was not any different. Except I didn't want to renew it anymore. There's nothing too profound or emotional regarding why I chose to let it go. I guess it just became very apparent to me that it was no longer as relevant or close to my heart at this point in my life. I think I've progressed and moved on to see a varied perspective of things. Mindfill remains very dear to me, not so much as it may be some place I come back to every day, but as a period in my adolescent youth that reflected much of my thoughts at that time.

I haven't written in a while so pardon my lack of coherence. It has always been in my nature to keep things inside, not in a #humblebrag manner or in some attempt to seem (deceivingly) weak, I just don't have the habit to share openly and easily about things that have occurred. Much has changed since the last. A truthful and sufficient piece of update for anyone unintended or unknowing would be that things have been progressively getting better, and I remain pretty much, the same as before. These lessons and experiences that I've gathered may have changed me, but I believe the principles and morals that I have endured to adhere to have guided me rightfully and thus remain as they were before.

I do miss sharing pictures, words and music on a more private and intimate platform with my friends (and myself in the future), so here's an attempt to make sense of a jumble of events within the past two months or so :)


On one of the Ramadan nights in July, I headed out to dinner with the girls after work. It was a real TGIF on that day because it also marked the successful completion and deliverance of one of my projects during internship.



 

From sourcing for corporate gifts to packing the goodie bags, managing the budget to handling the guest list, the planning of the seminar was exhausting but a great learning experience. I initially thought that with my experience in JC doing camps, this would be an easy feat because it involved much less logistics and direct involvement on my part. However, it was obviously not the case because if I could have a choice, I would rather go back and plan another leadership camp. The challenge was in co-organising a corporate event with another company, and all the inefficiencies and lack of clear direction and decision-makers amongst multiple parties. Being stuck in between my boss and the POC from the other co-organiser or the guests caused me considerable distress and unhappiness. Nonetheless, the event went on smoothly and we received rather positive feedback. Plus I got a small sum of bonus and also made some contacts. I suppose it's a fair exchange.

Dined at Swensen's our usual hangout (/sarcasm) and headed on to Boat Quay for what Mei claimed to be the Best Waffles She's Ever Tasted. Didn't disappoint but it definitely wasn't cheap, and call me boring but I personally prefer waffles with ice cream rather than gelato. Still, it was really yummy and I am actually considering going back down again soon. Kinda helps that it's near Zouk. Hmm.....


Waffles waffles I love waffles


Aww look at my beautiful girlfriends :')


Headed out to Malacca that very same weekend, by the kind invitation of my BFE (new acronym I randomly came up with Christina - Bestest Friend Ever), in a multi-generational entourage consisting of us the 20s, my sister, her mom and her mom's friend. So all we did was eat and walk. No kidding. I've never been to Malacca, so it was pretty okay for me but it did tire me out like crazy because I had severe Monday blues, and grouchiness from lack of rest. Meh.


That's Dyane nearly chopping her hair off on our ceiling fan.
Really liked the guesthouse we stayed in, but I do wish the floor boards weren't so thin because the rest of them seemed like they could literally speak across floors.


Famous chicken rice!
So-so only leh.
I would prefer the one at Katong Shopping Centre anytime. Craving now.....


An array of Crepes from our last day where we headed out to the mall.
Wasn't too crazy about all the creamy stuff but thought the cakes were really not bad - I liked that they weren't too sweet and were light and fluffy!


That's the BFE looking like her Fun Run character with that Scumbag Hat, my sister and I. 


Random market out of nowhere, where Zhanrui scored some vinyls. 


The night market at Jonker Street. 


View from one of our rooms of the Melaka River.
Didn't smell very nice though... 


So on another one of the nights in July, three of us headed out to catch the Phantom of the Opera at MBS. We managed to get the tickets on an early bird promo and secured pretty good circle seats! Really enjoyed myself that night and felt genuinely inspired and moved by the play. None of us felt nearly rich enough to get the Programme, so we resorted to eavesdropping to find out that our cast hailed from America. I expected them to be from Australia prior to the show so it was a pleasant surprise. Thumbs up to a fantastic show!
    


Some other random weekend shenanigans that I really don't know how to sort.... 


Celebrated Nic's birthday along with the other EXCO kids at Paradise Dynasty, great catch up!
Wasted my money on the fried rice though, wasn't feeling like noodles so I had some $10.50 fried rice which was hella lame.



Obligatory colourful XLB shot.


This Mushroom Souffle, from Hoshino Coffee, which was a serious disappointment.
Barely finished half of it, the taste was jelat after like 3 mouthfuls, and the souffle was lukewarm with the filling piping hot so it was such a weird combi, and everything just didn't come together.
Meh.


Also headed for a Poptart night out, finally! Loved the set that day, though it did start to feel a little bit like Mambo when they played some of the 90s hits. It was also pre The xx concert so the entire place kinda turned into a cult worship when Crystallised and Intro was played. Nice.





2 visits at Cafe Melba over 2 weeks. Loved their weekend brunch menu and basically the entire vibe of the cafe on a Saturday. It's a dog friendly cafe! Headed back on a weekday night for dinner which was unfortunately, disappointing. Perhaps the next time if I come back, I'll chill out over a coffee or something. Also, sitting outdoors may seem all mood and hipster, until the leaves start falling from overhead into your salad. Speaking from experience there.


Weekend breakfast treat :D





Another 3 random days out ever since I stopped work.


Wanling's 21st which was like seeing my little sister all grown up ^^


Red Velvet and Carrot Cake from the fabulous baker boy which I did not have a bite of because I was so hungover.
x_x
Great ambience though, loved the breeze but wished they installed more fans and had a wider range of drinks available.


Saturday night dinner and drinks with the Millennia guys, as usual I'm the only girl.
The bulk of them are leaving for studies abroad and it's going to be just me alone here for the next 2 years or so :(
Putting this up here so I can further motivate myself to earn enough money and head over to London to meet them all! 


I've yet to go into the perfection that was The xx concert experience as well as catching the National Day Parade at Marina Bay so.. Let's hope I don't fall back into the stagnating of this blog, with only my occasional outbursts into songs and text that nobody really understands/ enjoys reading.

Tata!