beautiful sonnets

Words to Stone


So many words need be said
To you, and you alone.
I have the words in my head,
Yet my speech no tone.

In my love for you,
I've already drowned.
For there's nothing to do,
As it drags me down.

I know I have already shown,
My love before yesterday.
They've since turned to stone
And in my chest they stay.

I'm here now, as you know
And for you, fore'er I wait.
Nowhere will I leave to go,
While lost in this state.

But I'm sure you can see
I'm in this pool of black
Only for these stones in me,
Here, they hold me back.

I tell myself don't, no!
And act to forget your smile
Yet my taste bitter as roe
My laughter sweet as bile

Until I speak these words aloud
I know not what to do.
All I know, my heart allowed,
Right now, I can only love you.

If by chance, you read this
And my mind you understand,
Then give to me, your first kiss,
So I may find a place to land.